Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How do I love Target? Let me count the ways...

Hi, my name is Meghan, and I'm a Target-holic.

(Hi, Meghan.)

I've been hooked on the store since the one in Vestal, N.Y., just outside my hometown of Binghamton, opened in March 1997. By default, KMart and Wal-Mart had been my go-to discount stores, but I always felt like I needed to shower immediately after shopping there.

And then came Target, with its gleaming white tile floors and freshly vacuumed carpets. I could hear the Hallelujah Chorus when I walked through the doors...but only in my head, since Target mercifully refrains from broadcasting muzak through its public address system. I floated happily through my first shopping trip there. I could find everything I needed, from clothes to CDs to toothpaste, and all for prices just as low as those in the dirty stores.

Target stole my heart during that first visit, and it has kept it ever since. I even spent a summer working at a Target store, in Queensbury, N.Y., and that only strengthened my feelings. The recent renovation of my hometown Target, which added an in-store Starbucks, made my year.

I know other people who feel the same way, which led me to start this blog. Here, you will find the latest Target news, store reviews, Sunday ad reviews, customer anecdotes, photos of great (and terrible!) Target products, and much more. "On Target" will help you get your daily Target fix from the comfort of your own home. Enjoy.

No comments: